本診所提供 QuantiFERON , Tuberculosis Skin Test ( 結核菌素測驗, PPD Skin Test, Tuberculin Skin Test), 及 胸部X光檢查 (chest x-ray)。
新竹清華診所為新竹專門提供出國留學、遊學體檢的診所。電話：(03) 573 5050。歡迎出國學子先來電詢問。
T‑SPOT.TB is a revolutionary in vitro diagnostic test that measures T cells specific to Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) antigens. Based on the pioneering T-SPOT technology, it was developed for diagnosing both latent TB infection and TB disease in humans. T-SPOT.TB sets new clinical standards of sensitivity and reliability, even in the immunocompromised. The product was licensed in the European Union in July 2004, received FDA premarket approval in July 2008 and is expected to replace the current tuberculin skin test, bringing effective TB testing to many new patient groups where the skin test gives poor results.
This revolutionary technology has been described in a significant number of peer-reviewed publications which highlight the tests excellent performance in a wide range of clinical and epidemiological settings (see clinical information) . These studies confirm the excellent sensitivity and specificity of T‑SPOT.TB and demonstrate its utility for the diagnosis and control of TB around the world, especially for latent TB in the developed world.
The test offers hope at a time when TB has re-emerged as a major global health threat. Nearly one third of the world's population is infected with MTB. Nine million people develop active disease every year and TB kills an estimated 2-3 million people each year (one person every 15 seconds). The huge toll of TB on human life prompted the World Health Organisation to declare TB a "global emergency" in 1993.
Unrivalled clinical performance
- Very few false negative results (sensitivity ~95%)
- Improving reliable detection of truly infected individuals
- No patient exclusions
- Can be used in HIV, very young children,anti-TNF α, transplant, renal dialysis, malnourished and other immunocompromised patient groups, as well as in pregnancy
- Virtually eliminates potentially toxic chemoprophylaxis due to false positive results
- Unaffected by BCG vaccination and common non-tuberculous mycobacteria
Simple and robust laboratory performance
- Virtually no repeat testing (due to low frequency of indeterminates)
- Results next day
- No need for patient return visit
Saves costs in TB Control
- Minimises costs associated with onward transmission
- Virtually eliminates unnecessary treatment & monitoring costs
- T-SPOT.TB-based screening strategies are significantly cost-saving when compared to the status quo of TST-based TB control programmes1
- The use of T-SPOT.TB greatly reduces the number of contacts treated to prevent one TB case1
1Diel R, et al. ERJ 2007 30: 321-332